Alternatives Womens Center
Our Mission Purpose
The Alternatives Women's Center seeks to provide care for women facing crisis pregnancies. We do that by providing a medical environment that protects the right to life of the preborn by providing guidance, alternatives and resources for women who are considering an abortion, and by sharing the Gospel with patients.
Our Mission Activities
We provide many medical and non-medical services for mothers-to-be.
- Complimentary Pregnancy Tests, Limited Ultrasounds and STI Testing
- Verification of pregnancy for prenatal care
- Limited Medical Services
- Referrals for ongoing prenatal care
- Referrals for WIC and Medi-Cal services
- Confidential Crisis Counseling by Lay Counselors
- Education concerning pregnancy, abortion and alternatives – parenting, placing for adoption
- Adoption referrals
- Free infant & child clothing/supplies paid for with credits earned from our parenting courses.
- Post abortion counseling
- Pregnancy & fetal development education
- Lay Counseling for sexuality and relationship issues
- Support services, including pregnancy & parenting classes
- Referrals for housing, furniture & medical assistance
All services are free. Many individuals and churches contribute monetarily on a monthly basis to finance this outreach. Costs are minimized through the services of many volunteers staffing critical needs.
How You Can Support Alternatives Women's Center
We are always in need of medical volunteers (nurses, MA, PA, medical doctors). We have need for many non-medical volunteers, too, such as patient advocates who help with counseling; assistants at Hannah's Closet, which provides for some of the clothing and supplies of a new baby; administrative assistants in our offices; and for our special events, such as Walk for Life.
And you can always donate to help cover the costs of items given to expectant mothers.
For more information, visit the Alternative Women's Center website, or contact mission advocate Judy Venn-Watson, , (858) 487-4755. You can also call AWC directly at (760) 741-9796.